About Our Firm
For years, Pinnacle Accountancy Group of Utah has been providing quality, personalized financial guidance to local individuals and businesses. Our expertise ranges from basic tax management and accounting services to more in-depth services such as audits, financial statements, and financial planning.
Pinnacle Accountancy Group is one of the leading firms in and throughout the area. By combining our expertise, experience and team approach, we assure that every client receives the close analysis and attention he/she deserves. Our dedication to high standards, hiring of seasoned tax professionals, and work ethic is the reason our clients return year after year.
Our mission is to help clients maintain financial viability in the present, while taking a proactive approach to achieve future goals. This requires open communication to reach an understanding of our clients' needs through research and sound analysis. Your company's vision is truly our mission. Pinnacle Accountancy Group is dedicated to meeting these goals with high standards of excellence and professionalism. We have been staples of the area's business community for years, and pride ourselves on the level of esteem we have earned. Pinnacle Accountancy Group is the culmination of bringing these esteemed professionals together.
Our dedication to hard work has earned the respect of the business and financial community in and around the area. We believe this to be a direct derivative of our talent and responsiveness to our client base. Whether you are a current or prospective client, rest assured that individuals and businesses who choose Pinnacle Accountancy Group receive competent and timely advice.
1438 U.S. 89 Alternate #120
Farmington, UT 84025
Telephone: (801) 447-9572
952 Chambers St. #4
Ogden, UT 84403
Telephone: (801) 399-1183
Fax: (801) 392-1614
Your privacy is important to us. At Heaton & Co, PLLC dba Pinnacle Accountancy Group of Utah, we are committed to your privacy and retaining your trust. We respect your right to keep your personal information confidential and to avoid unwanted solicitations. Please read this to learn how we handle your personal information.
Types of information we collect:
We collect nonpublic personal information about you that is provided by you or obtained by us with your authorization to prepare your personal and business income tax returns and perform financial audit services
To properly prepare your income tax return or perform financial audits, we receive information from you to complete your tax return or financial audit. This information is collected from you in written form, by phone, online, by mail, and in personal interviews and consultations conducted by our team, as well as by information we collect from others with your authorization.
This is information about your transactions with us and includes information necessary for billing and payment for our income tax preparation and financial audit services, as well as all correspondence between you and our team. Transaction information would also include your payment history with us, billing records, and any collection effort engaged in by us for payment of services rendered to you.
Parties To Whom We Disclose Information:
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our clients or former clients to our affiliates or to nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by law, the Code of Professional Conduct of the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants, and Ethics Rulings of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Nonpublic Personal Information about you and our former clients may be disclosed to both our affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law, our Code of Professional Conduct, and Ethics Rulings of the AICPA, as follows:
1. Complying with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
2. In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants (UACPA).
3. Initiating a complaint or responding to an inquiry made by the Professional Ethics Committee of the UACPA, the ethics division or trial board of AICPA, or duly constituted investigative or disciplinary body of another State CPA Society or Board of Accountancy.
4. A review of a professional practice in conjunction with a prospective purchase, sale, or merger of all or part of our practice, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective purchaser does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review.
5. Participating in actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit, and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
6. Providing information to affiliates of the firm and nonaffiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us pursuant to a contractual agreement which prohibits the third party or affiliate from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which the information was disclosed. For example, using an outside service bureau to process client’s tax returns or using a records-retention agency to store client’s records.
General Restrictions on Disclosure of Nonpublic Personal Information to Affiliates and Nonaffiliated Third Parties:
As tax preparers, we are prohibited by Internal Revenue Code Section 7216 from disclosing your income tax return information without your consent, other than for the specific purpose of preparing, assisting in preparing, or obtaining and providing services in connection with the preparation of an income tax return for you. Furthermore, as a member of the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants engaged in income tax preparation or financial audit services, we are generally prohibited from disclosing confidential client information about you to affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties without your specific consent. (See exceptions under heading "Parties to whom we disclose information").
Confidentiality and Security of Nonpublic Personal Information:
We restrict access to Nonpublic Personal Information about you to those employees and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by our employee code of conduct, applicable law, and our Code of Professional Conduct and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your Nonpublic Personal Information.